In addition to the Marine Safety Act, Lake Angelus has adopted its own set of ordinances and rules to assure enjoyment of the Lake in a safe manner. Lake Angelus has an excellent safety record, and all boaters are urged to observe the Lake Angelus ordinances and rules in an effort to maintain that good record. The following are the Lake Angelus Rules:
All boats powered by diesel, two-cycle, or outboard internal combustion engines are prohibited.
All powerboats must be maintained and operated in such a manner as to avoid excessive noise, smoke or fumes which would be objectionable to a person of ordinary sensibilities and so to avoid the leaking or discharge of oil or fuel into the waters of the lake.
The racing of powerboats is prohibited. No powerboat may be operated in excess of 35 miles per hour.
It is prohibited to operate any vessel in excess of a slow, no-wake speed within 200 feet of any shore, dock, raft, marked or occupied swimming area, or any other vessel moored at anchor, except when water skiers are being picked up or dropped off with due regard for the safety of persons or property on an otherwise lawful manner.
- Power driven water sleds, personal watercraft, miniature powerboats, racing boats, kite boards, and houseboats are prohibited. No boats shall be used for commercial purposes.
- No power driven boat shall be operated in excess of a slow, no-wake speed before 9 a.m. and after 8 p.m. from Memorial Day through Labor Day and before 9 a.m. and after 7 p.m. after Labor Day to Memorial Day. To be approved on a yearly basis by the City Council, on week days only, skiers may use the slalom course after 7 a.m., but must proceed to and from the slalom course at a slow, no-wake speed.
- No Lake Angelus resident shall allow anyone, other than immediate family, to access the Lake, in any season, without being accompanied by a resident.
- Lake Angelus residents are prohibited from allowing guests to launch boats onto the Lake. For purposes of this rule, Lake Angelus residents shall be considered as: (1) the owner of the Lake Angelus property along with the ownerï¿½s family members residing with the owner at the Lake Angelus property, or (2) the occupant of the Lake Angelus property along with the occupantï¿½s family members residing with the occupant at the Lake Angelus property where such occupant has possession and access to the property by virtue of a lease, in which case the owner of the property shall be prohibited from launching or using boats on the Lake during the time of such lease term.
- No boats, including power boats, sailing boats, canoes, kayaks and any other vessels shall be launched onto the Lake without cleaning the bottom of such boats and disposing of any bilge water from such boats which may potentially introduce adverse invasive species into the waters of Lake Angelus.
IN ORDER TO INSURE THAT ALL BOATERS HAVE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ON BOARD MICHIGAN LAW AUTHORIZES POLICE OFFICERS TO INSPECT BOATS FOR THAT PURPOSE. OUR OFFICERS WILL BE PERFORMING SAFETY INSPECTIONS PERIODICALLY THROUGH THE SUMMER. IF YOU ARE STOPPED, PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AND COOPERATIVE AS OUR OFFICERS ARE INSTRUCTED TO BE COURTEOUS, FAIR AND POLITE.